Monday, January 14, 2008

addicted to words

stop in the middle of sentences
and half formed ideas
flush your philosophies through the pipes
dont mind me,
i'm just not living up to my potential

want to see if i can pull you down with me
being happy is great, but its never been my way
if you're going to the top
better be ready to get some dirt on those knees

silky silicone skin
and everything you ever stood for
lets see if you'll even remember tonight
too drugged up on everything going wrong in the world
to see the things going right (see me, see me)
too many lightbulbs going off in your eye

fourth place in everything we do
fighting over peel off scars
we're getting sick in gas station bathrooms
and sorting through other peoples papers
we're everything they warned us not to be
not good enough to be a modern day bonnie and clyde

can't even close your closet door
because of all the skeletons spilling out
the only people who understand a word i write
are as fucked as me

i've got something to say
for every occasion you throw at me
i drove on the wrong side of the road
and ended up no worse for wear

No comments: